Join thousands of students from all corners of the globe in experiencing the U.S. in a way that you will never forget! FTW offers a 5-month, 10-month, and 12-month program for international high school students.
Application process and requirements to enroll in the program:
Each student is required to complete an application form. This form requests information on the student's family, academic and medical backgrounds, and personal interests. Each form must contain academic and medical transcripts, letters of recommendations, and family photos. All students are personally interviewed, and then assessed for their maturity and true commitment to the program. In addition, students must:
- Maintain a minimum overall academic record of a C+ average
- Be mature, flexible, and adaptable
- Be willing to accept any host family and high school placement assigned to them
- Be between the ages of 15-18 years
- Demonstrate good conversational English language ability
- Have proof of English language skills
Student Services / Support Team
It's easy to contact us! Our full-time and professional staff can be reached several ways:
You can call our office at 415-257-4787. Our office hours are 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
FTW provides a 24/7 Emergency Hotline for both students and host families throughout the duration of the program.